Monday, June 28, 2010

The Day After


Ahh, I can't say I'm not enjoying a quiet day-after-shop-hop today! We had over 2000 hoppers stop in this year, and combined with the longer store hours, it takes a few days to acclimate and get back to reality.

Although our weather is not cooperating for a summer-time feel, 4th of July is almost here, and perhaps an americana quilt is just what is needed to compensate for the cooler temperatures we're having! This quilt was a hit during the shop hop, and the striped ticking and patriotic fabric from Jo Morton's Banner Day works in well with our reproduction fabrics. Since this project kit flew out the door during the hop, we'll have to get busy on some fresh store samples. Halloween anyone?!

Happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Your picture of this darling patriotic quilt shows it off well. I just love this quilt. I'm glad I was able to purchase the kit. Now I just need to set aside some time to get it made.

    ReplyDelete