Friday, October 26, 2018

Nancy Friesen of Primitive Patchworks mini Trunk Show at 2T!

Two Thimbles is pleased to be hosting a trunk show for a wonderful artist and friend, Nancy Friesen of Primitive Patchworks!  Please stop by the shop to view this sweet sampling of Nancy's quilts that are on display (yep, we'll have to return them soon)!  Nancy's designs incorporate applique and always a little bit of wool, some fun embellishing stitches and patchwork.  Her "Fall Stars Tablemat" pattern will also appeal to all of the English Paper Piecers out there who can't get enough of fussy cutting.  We've got patterns, some kits, wool and LOTS of fabric perfect for completing one of these projects!

Primitive Patchworks Patterns at 2T!

A Little Primitive

The Little House on the Hill

Folk Art Flowers
Red and White Friendship Quilt
Fall Stars Tablemat


About the designer:  I began my sewing adventure when I was a young married woman, making clothes for myself and my small daughter.  In the 1980's we moved to Canby, Oregon and I was greatly influenced by the beautiful hand quilting, especially the hand applique of Norma Kauffman, one of the talented quilters from Zion Mennonite Church in Hubbard, Oregon.  Over the next ten years, I took lots of quilting classes and soon I was making samples for a quilt shop in Battleground, Washington and Betty's Shop -- The Quilting B in Clackamas.  My quilting design business evolved from that beginning.  Over the years I have designed and made so many quilts I cannot even count but I have published and sold at least 40 different patterns starting in 2001 and keep making a few each year.  I decided from the beginning that I only wanted to "have fun" and encourage women to keep up the traditions of handwork and so I have kept my business small and enjoyed every minute of it.  I have met so many wonderful and encouraging people and every time someone buys one of my patterns, I am so grateful that they think enough of my designs to want to make a copy for themselves.

We hosted Nancy for a quick visit and a larger trunk show a few years ago, and these patterns are some of her newer ones and a couple of our old favorites.  We hope to have Nancy return for a visit next spring if we can get our schedules lined up!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful handwork and quilting! I look forward to seeing her next Spring!

    ReplyDelete