Saturday, January 25, 2020

Quilt History with Leah Zieber

Happy day, quilters! If you hadn't heard yet, we have a special guest coming in June!




Leah will join us for 2 days of history lessons combining antique quilts, fabric history and a bit of sewing, we'll have specific class descriptions and registration details coming later this month! 

Leah is a Southern Californian quilt historian and quilt maker specializing in Antique Reproduction Quilts from the nineteenth century. To learn more about her visit her website here.

She has just released her new book, Treasure Hunt, co-authored with Linda Collins and we have just received our initial shipment!  This book includes gorgeous pictures, great tips and lots of inspiration if you need a new project idea.  I'm having a bit of a struggle picking a favorite to start on, and that cover quilt is looking pretty tempting for a fresh spring look to be stitching on right now!  








3 comments:

  1. I just received this book this week. I love it! I bought it because I saw a picture of one of the quilts in it and thought I might want to make it one day. I ended up thinking I might have to make a few of the quilts from the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed - it's all about picking your priority! I think we'll get to see a few of these quilts from the book, in person during the lecture when Zieber visits in June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently purchased Leah's book from you too! Love reading through and looking at the quilts. Looking forward to taking the class in June!

    ReplyDelete